Public Aid (All Kids, Medicaid, Medical Card) Orthodontic (Braces/Invisalign) Coverage in Illinois
Text all of your questions to :(847)404-3268
We have three convenient locations and our highly trained orthodontists accepts patients on Public Aid (All Kids, KidCare, Medicaid, Medical Card) Illinois state dental insurance program for orthodontic treatment (braces, Invisalign).
If you have All Kids or public aid dental insurance, your child’s orthodontic treatment with braces might be covered by the Public Aid. However, not all patients covered by All kids/Medicaid will qualify for braces. You child must be pre-approved by the state for braces before an orthodontist can start treatment.
Please read bellow for full details about orthodontic coverage by Public Aid in the state of Illinois, or call one of our orthodontic office to set up a free consultation.
All Kids (Medicaid, PublicAid, KidCare, Medical Card) Orthodontic/Braces Coverage Details
Medicaid is a form of government-funded health care coverage available to low-income families and individuals residing in Illinois. Illinois has two Medicaid programs specifically for children, All Kids and Family Care.
All Kids insurance provides health care to children of low-income families, while Family Care provides coverage for children and their parents. Each of these programs includes dental care for kids and might assists in paying for orthodontic treatment (braces, Invisalign, surgical orthodontics). The dental program is administered by DentaQuest of Illinois.
Who can qualify for Public Aid/ All Kids orthodontic benefits?
Low income families living in Illinois, can qualify for orthodontic (braces) coverage under (All Kids (Medicaid, Public Aid, Medical Card) state insurance program.
At Orthodontic Experts, our orthodontist serves the residents of the following areas:
- Cook County:Chicago, Arlington Heights, Mount Prospect, Des Plaines, Wheeling, Prospect Heights, Elk Grove Village, Rolling Meadows, Palatine, Schaumburg, Niles, Skokie, Glenview, Evanston, Wheeling, Park Ridge, Berwyn, Blue Island, Burbank, Bridgeview, Calumet City, Harvey, Hometown, Markham, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Palos Heights, Palos Hills, Cicero, Barrington, Alsip, Brookfield, Flossmoor, Forest Park
- Lake County: Buffalo Grove, Northbrook, Deerfield, Lake Zurich, Mundelein, Waukegan, Gurnee, Round Lake, Grayslake, Libertyville, Highland Park, Lindenhurst, Lake Villa, Zion, Antioch, Vernon Hills, Wauconda, Fox Lake, Winthrop Harbor, Linconshire, Lake Bluff, Beach Park.
- DuPage County: Aurora, Batavia, Elmhurst, Naperville, St. Charles, Wheaton, Bensenville, Burr Ridge, Glendale Heights, Glen Ellyn, Itasca, Lisle, Lombard, Roselle, Villa Park, Bartlett, Carol Stream, Wood Dale, Addison, Roselle, Bloomingdale, Bolingbrook, Westmont, Woodridge, Willowbrook.
- McHenry County: Huntley, Lake in the Hills, Algonquin, Cary, Island Lake, Harvard, Morengo, Johnsburg, Spring Grove, Lakemoor, Woodstock, McHenry, Crystal Lake
- Kane County: Burlington, Big Rock, Hoffman Estates, Campton Hills, East Dundee, Elburn, Geneva, Gilberts, Sugar Grove, Kaneville, St. Charles, Sleepy Hollow, West Dundee, Carpentersville, Elgin, Algonquin, Dundee, Cary
- Boone county: Poplar Grove, Caledonia, Capron, Cherry Valley, Timberlane, Belvidere
- Winnebago county: Roscoe, Winnebago, Owens, South Beloit, New Millford, Harrison, Machesney Park, Cortland, Rockford, Rockton, Loves Park
- DeKalb County DeKalb, Sycamore, Genoa
- Ogle County: Rochelle, Oregon, Byron
- Stephenson County: Freeport, Lena
- Lee County: Dixon, Sterling
- Will County: Channahon, Lockport, Frankfort, Mokena, New Lenox, Plainfield, Shorewood, Romeoville, Minooka, Joliet, Bolingbrook, Tinley Park
- Kendall County: Plano, Sandwich, Oswego, Yorkville
- Kankakee County: Bourbonnais, Kankakee, Monteno
- LaSalle County: Ottawa
- Grundy County
- Carrol County
- Whiteside County
- Other Illinois Counties
My child has All Kids coverage. Does it mean that he/she automatically qualifies for orthodontic treatment with braces?
No. Not all kids covered under the state insurance program qualify for orthodontic treatment coverage. Illinois Medicaid (All Kids, Medical Card) administrators must pre-approve all patients for braces before an orthodontist can start treatment. Only children with moderate-severe orthodontic problems will qualify for orthodontic treatment. Orthodontists use special Index to indicate the severity of a patient’s need for orthodontic treatment (braces). However, all covered children younger than age 20 qualify to be considered for assistance in getting braces. Therefore if your son or daughter has Public Aid coverage he or she might be a candidate for covered orthodontic treatment.
Are all types of orthodontic treatment covered by Public Aid (Medicaid, Medical Card)
No. Only comprehenisive (Phase II) orthodontic treatment (braces) can be covered by All Kids insurance.
Early or interceptive treatment such as growh modification, palatal (upper jaw) expansion and multiple other fixed and/or removable orthodontic appliances are not covered by Public Aid. Therefore, you child must have all premanent teeth to be considered for All kids orthodontic coverage. If you child requires early (interceptive) treatment or a fixed or removable orthodontic appliance other than braces, you will be responsible for the cost of treatment. If your son or daughter still require braces after interceptive treatment, the pre-approval can be submited to Medicaid administrators (DentaQuest) one all the primary (baby) teeth have been lost.
How do I know if my child qualifies for orthodontic treatment?
To find out if your child will be covered for orthodontic treatment, you must first come to our Arlington Heights orthodontic office for an initial orthodontic consultation. At the complimentary consultation, our orthodontist Dr. Yarmolyuk will evaluate your child and will let you know if he/she qualifies to have the records (photographs, models of teeth, X-ray images) submitted for pre-approval to Public Aid office. If he/she does qualify, then we will take the necessary orthodontic records and will submit them to the Public Aid administrators (DentaQuest).
There is no charge to you for initial orthodontic consultation and necessary records. Once an orthodontic case is submitted for pre-approval, it normally takes 3-4 weeks for the case to be evaluated by the All Kids (Public Aid, KidCare, Medicaid) administrator. Our staff at Orthodontic Experts of will contact you as soon as we receive the decision from All Kids. The decision will be either “approved” or “denied.”
What if my child is approved for All Kids orthodontic coverage?
If your child is approved for braces treatment, we will schedule you to come back to our orthodontic office for complete records. At this appointment all necessary X-rays, photographs, models, and measurements will be taken and our orthodontist Dr. Yarmolyuk will discuss your child’s treatment plan. After this appointment we can proceed with your child orthodontic treatment.
What if my child does not qualify for braces through All Kids (Medical Card) program?
If your child does not qualify for orthodontic treatment through All Kids program, you will get a letter from the All Kids administrators stating that the treatment wad denied. Unfortunately, the case can only be submited once in a lifetime, therefore previously denied cases cannot be re-submitted.
However, at Orthodontic Experts we believe that every child deserves a beautiful, confident smile, so we will work with you to help you establish a financial arrangement that will work for your family’s budget. We understand that your child’s future is very important to you and we will try to do everything possible to help you provide your child with a beautiful and healthy smile for a lifetime. We have multiple payment plans and options that could be customized to your budget.
-Your Chicagoland Orthodontist Dr. Yarmolyuk and his team-
Orthodontic Experts Ltd.:
1020 S. Arlington Heights Rd. Second Floor
Arlington Heights, IL, 60005
tel. (847) 749-4340
Orthodontic Experts of Chicago North:
4709 N. Harlem Ave,
Harwood Heights, IL 60706
tel. (773) 801-7171
Orthodontic Experts of Chicago South:
1719 W. 18th St,
Chicago, IL 60706
tel. (312) 767-2009
Orthodontist in Rockford
5051 E State St,
Rockford, IL 61108
Orthodontist in Burbank
7820 S Cicero Ave,
Burbank, IL 60459
tel. (708) 391-5220
To find out about braces with Medicaid in the state of Indiana visit Indiana Public Aid Braces page.
Our orthodontists provide Public Aid (All Kids) orthodontic treatment to the residents of Cook county (Chicago, Arlington Heights, Des Plaines, Park Ridge, Niles, Elk Grove Village, Palatine, Schaumburg, Rolling Meadows, Wheeling, Prospect Heights, Buffalo Grove, Lake Zurich, Wood Dale, Addison, Elgin, Mount Prospect, Hoffman Estates, Skokie, Evanston, Lincolnwood, Franklin Park, Berwyn, River Forest), Lake county (Gurnee, Waukeegan, Grayslake, North Chicago, Round Lake, Fox Lake, Lake Villa, Lindenhurst, Zion, Antioch, Mundelein, Lake Zurich, Northbrook, Deerfield, Highland Park, Libertyville), Du Page county (Aurora, Wood Dale, Bensenville, Roselle, Elmhurst, Addison, Carol Stream, Bloomingdale, Villa Park, Naperville, Downers Grove, Burr Ridge, Barlett), McHenry county (Woodstock, McHenry, Crystal Lake, Lake in the Hills, Algonquin, Cary, Huntley, Fox Lake, Harvard), Kane county (South Elgin, Burlington, Carpentersville), Boone county (Belvidere), Lee county (Dixon, Sterling) DeKalb county (DeKalb, Sycamore), Will county (Aurora, Joliet, Tinley Park, Kendall county (Oswego, Bristol), Winnebago county (Rockford, Rockton, Loves Park, Cherry Valley) counties and other Illinois communities.